Have a Mardi Gras Wedding.
Some say “I do” at Christmas.
Others dream about starting their lives together on New Year’s Eve.
And still others can’t wait to walk down the aisle on Halloween to the theme from the Munsters or the Addam’s Family ("Thing, where's the ring?").
Here in New Orleans, Mardi Gras is great time to catch Zulu coconuts and throw rice. Turns out Fat Tuesday isn’t just a holiday – it’s a theme – and you can use it in or out of Carnival season.
Here are some fun ideas:
• Walk down the aisle wearing Mardi Gras masks
• Encourage your guests to costume
• Let Mardi Gras colors (purple, green and gold) be your colors
• Put a king cake baby in the wedding cake or have a king cake groom’s cake
• Carry purple hydrangeas, yellow roses and peacock feathers
• Print go cups and souvenir doubloons with your names and wedding date
• Play Mardi Gras music at the reception
• Have a second line!
Check out more ideas on Pinterest.